Natural LOC Method Hair Products
The LOC method system is based on the theory that strategically layering different types of hair products in a specific order is the best way to achieve lasting moisture in hair especially prone to dryness. The L.O.C. in the name is short for: L = Leave-in (water-based moisture), O = Oil (sealant), C = Cream (moisture reinforcement).
Highly porous hair readily takes up moisture and releases it just as quickly. Some telltale signs that your hair is highly porous are hair breakage and a readiness to absorb water in the shower. Low porosity hair is characterized by tight cuticles and a dry feel even in water. Hair that lacks porosity will cause water to bead up on top of it in the shower. Heavy products tend to sit on top of the strands rather than being absorbed into them. Both low and high porosity hair will be very dry as a result as neither hair type adequately retains moisture on its own. Layering the right products to deliver water via a leave-in conditioner first, then an oil occlusive to seal in that moisture, followed by extra layers of water and oil in a cream can prevent moisture loss and combat dryness.
The 3 products in our L.O.C. Method Collection for High Porosity Hair provide the perfect balance of moisture, oil, humectancy and occlusion, extending hydration to keep extremely dry, thick and coarse hair dewy soft and supple for days!
- No mineral oil
- No proteins
- No silicones
- No artificial fragrances
- No dyes
- No parabens
Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee description:
- Divide hair into multiple sections, apply a quarter sized amount to one section at a time and using a wide tooth comb, use to soften and detangle thick, dry hair
- Use as a leave-in moisrurizer and styler
Castor & Moringa Softening Serum description:
- Use to restore softness, shine and pliability to thick, dry hair
- Use as a hot oil treatment. Heat bottle in a microwave for several seconds until warm and coat entire scalp and hair. Cover hair with plastic and wrap with a towel. Leave in for 15 minutes to an hour. Rinse with warm water. Use this treatment twice a month or when your hair needs deep conditioning.
- Use as an oil rinse. Completely coat hair, massage through and rinse with warm water.
- Use as a conditioning boost. Add to your favorite shampoo or conditioner for added emollience, slip and moisture.
Amla & Olive Heavy Cream description:
Delivers maximum moisture and hydration to afros, coils, curls, pony puffs, two strand twists, braids, cornrows, fades, loose hair and chemical and color processes. It also keeps new growth soft, restores moisture and elasticity to dry brittle ends and helps weigh down kinks and coils. Use as a:
Evenly distribute a small to moderate amount through dry or slightly damp hair.
- Soothing and regenerative scalp butter
- Post-shampoo conditioner
- Overnight Deep Treatment
- Moisturizing daily leave-in